“Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces.”
Psalm 34:5 NLT
I used to pray for miracles, but then walk away with a heavy heart and troubled face. I trusted God for help while I was on my knees, but evidently that trust paused when those knees stood me up to walk through the day!
However, during a season of some intense heart changes, I noticed a three-letter word repeated often in this Psalm:
- “I will praise the Lord at all times…” (Even when I don’t see answers!)
- “Let all who are helpless take heart…” (That’s me, helpless!)
- “He freed me from all my fears…He saved me from all my troubles.”
- “He defends all who fear Him.” They will have “all they need!”
- “The LORD hears His people…He rescues them from all their troubles.”
That’s when I wrote in my journal, “What part of ALL don’t I understand?” How could I ask God for help, and yet keep wearing despair on my face as if He hadn’t even heard me? TRUST doesn’t focus on “what if” or “when?” A trusting heart gives all fears and all troubles to the One who supplies all needs! So, no wonder a trusting heart stimulates praise at all times!
No wonder a trusting heart produces not even a shadow of shame!
Trust in the heart radiates joy on the face!
(Take a look in the mirror!)